Easy Spanish Paella with Chicken & Prawns is a one skillet supper that’s simple yet anything but ordinary.
This Paella is fresh, filling, full of tongue-tingling Spanish flavor, & yet, so easy. After the prep work of chopping a few ingredients, the dish came together in under 30 minutes & in just one pan = less washing up, bonus! Take my word for it – different doesn’t have to mean difficult.
The children absolutely loved it! Gracie-Mae even stated that all she will be eating is Paella when we Holiday to Spain next year!
Ingredients- Serves 4
- 2-1/2 cups Chicken Broth
- Pinch of Spanish Saffron
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- 2x boneless skinless chicken thighs, chopped
- 6oz Mexican chorizo
- 1 shallot or 1/2 onion, chopped
- salt & pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 6oz large prawns, peeled then deveined and chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1. Bring chicken broth & saffron to a boil in a small saucepan then turn heat to low & place a lid on top to keep hot.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat then add chicken, chorizo & shallots, season with salt & pepper, then saute until chorizo & chicken are cooked through, 5 minutes, breaking chorizo up as it cooks. Add garlic then saute for 1 minute. Add tomatoes & their juices, paprika & cayenne pepper if using then saute until tomatoes are softened, 3 minutes.
- 3. Add rice & hot broth to skillet then stir to combine & bring to a boil. Place a lid on top then lower heat & simmer until rice has nearly absorbed all the broth & is just slightly al dente, 13-15 minutes. Stir in prawns & peas then place lid back on top and let skillet sit off the heat for 5 minutes. Season with more salt & pepper to taste then serve.
- It really is that simple!