Worried about making pizza dough from scratch? Keep calm and carry naan.
These are not your typical pizzas– instead of tomato sauce, pepperoni & mozzarella, we’re using tandoori chicken, mango, red onion, mint, cilantro, & yogurt… oh, and mozzarella, because in the end, you just can’t nix the mozz.
Really simple & quick to make & tastes
It is about an hours prep but that's due to some ingredients needing to marinade but it's totally worth it, I assure you. And with just 15 minutes cooking time! Yep that's it, just 15 minutes. You will be eating that pizza in now time!
Ingredients- Makes 3 Pizzas
• 1/2x Cup Plain Yogurt, plus more to top (optional)
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 2x Tbsps Vegetable Oil, plus more for brushing
• 4x Cloves Garlic
• 2x Tbsps Ginger
• 1x Tbsp Hot Paprika
• 2x Tsps Ground Cumin
• 2x Tsps Garam Masala
• 1/2x Tsps Cayenne Pepper
• 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
• 2x Tbsps Tomato Paste
• 3x Pieces Naan Bread
• 1/2 Red Onion, sliced
• 1x Cup Mango, sliced
• 1x Cup Shredded Mozzarella
• Mint, to garnish (optional)
• Cilantro, to garnish (optional)
• 2x Green Pepper, de-seeded & sliced
1. Combine the yogurt, lemon, oil, garlic, ginger, paprika, cumin, garam masala & cayenne pepper in a food processor. Process until smooth to make the marinade. Sprinkle the chicken thighs with salt & place in a freezer bag with half of the marinade, turning to coat well. Reserve the remaining half of the marinade in a separate container. Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat the grill to medium-high. Grill the chicken 5 minutes per side, or until it reaches 160 degrees F. Remove from heat & cut into chunks.
3. Brush the naan with oil. Mix the previously reserved marinade mixture with 2 tablespoons of tomato paste. Add additional yogurt to thin, if necessary, to give a spreadable consistency. Spread the naan with the tomato-yogurt mixture. Top with the red onion, chicken, mango, green peppers & mozzarella. Turn down the heat on the grill & place the naan pizzas on, or put the naan pizzas on a shelf above the grill grate. Close the lid and grill until the cheese melts. Remove from heat
4. Top the pizzas with mint leaves and cilantro, drizzle with yogurt, and serve. (Optional)