At some point this summer, you'll get tired of grilled chicken. No matter the marinade or the delivery system, you will simply reach your limit, & that's when you need to reach for the chorizo. Impale a few slices of this famously delicious Spanish sausage in between your chunks of chicken. As it grills it will splatter its spicy, smokey fat all over its much blander skewer-mate, & once again you and grilled chicken will be good buddies.
This is super quick & easy to make & one that can be enjoyed cooked from the BBQ now that Summer seems to be finally here, YAY!
With about 10 minutes prep time & about 10-15 minutes cooking time (depending on how you choose to cook them.)
Ingredients- Serves 4 (About 8 Skewers)
- 2x Skinless & Boneless Chicken Breasts, diced into chunks
- 8oz Chorizo Sausage, cut into slices
- 1x Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1x Tbsp Sherry Vinegar
- 2x Tsps Fresh Oregano, chopped
- 1x Pinch Caynenne Pepper
- Sea Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 1x Red Onion, cut into 1 inch squares
- 1x Red Bell Pepper, cut into 1 inch squares
- Metal/Wooden Skewers
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat & lightly oil the grate.
- Place chicken & chorizo in a large bowl; add olive oil, sherry vinegar, oregano, cayenne pepper, black pepper, & salt. Stir until chicken & chorizo are completely coated.
- Thread chicken, chorizo, red onion, & red bell pepper evenly onto 4 skewers, making sure that each piece of chicken touches 1 piece of chorizo. Place finished skewers on a plate, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until cold 15 to 30 minutes.
- Cook on the preheated grill, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
I served mine with a Wholemeal Pitta Bread & Salad. It tasted absolutely amazing! Go on, give it ago.