Saturday, 6 May 2017

Mummy In The Madhouse Nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award

 

While there were hundreds of blogs in the running, Mummy In The Madhouse was one of 11 blogs nominated for “The Sunshine Blogger Award” by April Does That. Thankyou! 

 

The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers by other bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring. Once nominated, the blogger is required to write a post in which they:
  • Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog.
  • Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them
  • Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer.
  • Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
 
Once again thank you, I am honored to be recognized by fellow bloggers for my passion in writing and providing 'funny' honest, uncut parenting musings & healthy recipes for my readers. Here are the answers to the questions from April Does That:

 

1.How long have you been blogging?
I'm very new to the world of blogging! MummyInTheMadHouse was born on the 1st February 2017. 

2. Who are your favorite bloggers we should check out?
Oh gosh, there are so many! These are 4 of my favourites so far:-

3. Where can we find you on social media?
You can find me on:-

4. Why did you start blogging?
I LOVE writing & I needed a creative outlet to keep myself sane from the craziness that is my life & to stop my brain from turning into a mummified mush. Blogging allows me to do just that. 

5.  How did you come up with the name of your blog?
The name I didn't really put much thought into embarrassingly🙈 I've always called my home a Madhouse due to there's always something going on, you literally need eyes everywhere with my 3 terrors! And obviously I'm a Mummy, so Ta-Da we have MummyInTheMadHouse. 

6. What was your favorite movie as a kid?
I loved (still do actually) anything Disney! But I think I would have to say that my most favourite would be The Hunchback Of Notre Dame. 

7.What makes your blog special?
I can't say that my blog is more special than anyone else's but I'd like to think that I am very open & honest about mummy life in general. I always try to inspire other mums in my posts to let go of the idea of perfection, because there is no such thing as the 'Perfect Mum'. I'm just an ordinary, normal (well as normal as I can be) Partner, Mother & Friend, and I hope this shows through my writing. 

8. What was your first job?
My first ever job was a sales advisor at Dorothy Perkins when I was 17, this was my starting point where I managed to work my way up in retail.

9. Share the post you are most proud of.
Definitely this one:- An Open Letter To My Depression & Anxiety  It was a very difficult one to write, bringing out a lot of emotions & once I had finished it, i debated for a while whether to post it or not, but I'm so glad I did, the response I got was AMAZING! It also showed me that I'm absolutely not on my own & there is so much support out there, you only need to ask. 

10.How long does it take you to do an average post?
I don't really like to put a time limit on myself, as a Mother of 3 children life can be pretty full on & hectic, so my blog is my go to haven where I let myself flow & try to let my passion shine through my posts. I wouldn't want to put the added pressure on myself as it's something I'm really enjoying.  

11. What would you like to tell your readers?
I would just like to say, Thankyou so much for taking the time to read/comment/like my posts. It really does mean ever so much to me! And when I'm having an 'off' day just reading your lovely words makes me smile/laugh & knowing that there are so many other Mums out there experiencing the exact same things, it's a true comfort to know your not on your own. 

 
So, if you’ve been nominated here are your questions:
  1.  What made you choose your topic in blogging?
  2.  What motto do you live by?
  3.  What is the biggest challenge you had to overcome while starting your blog?
  4.  If you had the opportunity to interview anyone you like and feature them who would it be?
  5.  Who is your favorite blogger?
  6.  If given the opportunity to mentor a new blogger, what single piece of advice would you give them?
  7.  What is something interesting that most people don’t know about you?
  8.  You have a chance to replay your childhood game/video game. What would it be?
  9.  Name a blogger you would love to collaborate with.
  10.  What would you like to achieve by end of 2017?
  11.  What would you like to tell your readers?
Would you like to have a chance to be nominated? Leave a blog comment with your blog URL for consideration. The winners will be announced on:- Monday 8th May 2017.