Tomato Basil & Spinach Chicken Spaghetti – healthy, light, Mediterranean style dinner, packed with vegetables, protein and good oils. Delicious comfort food!
What makes this pasta very special is that in addition to fresh tomatoes, basil, garlic, and spinach, I also used sun-dried tomatoes and red pepper flakes to add lots of flavor! Once the dish is completely cooked, I highly recommend that you add 3 tablespoons of high quality olive oil to stir into the final dish, off heat. It’s so tasty and so good for you!
This dish takes 10 minutes prep time & 30 minutes cooking time, a perfect quick midweek meal for all the family to enjoy.
Ingredients- Serves 4
- 3x Chicken Fillets, cubed
- 3x Garlic Cloves, crushed & chopped
- 4x Large Roma Tomatoes, chopped into quarters
- 1/4 Cup Sundried Tomatoes, drained & chopped
- Red Pepper Flakes, A good pinch (or 2)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped
- 8oz Fresh Spinach
- 6oz Spaghetti
- 2x Tbsps Olive Oil, drained from the Sundried Tomatoes
- Sea Salt & Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 3x Tbsps Olive Oil, high quality
- Heat a skillet on a medium-low heat, add the 2 tbsps of oil drained from the sundried tomatoes, heat till hot then add the sundried tomatoes, chicken, red pepper flakes & salt. Turn the heat up to medium & cook until the chicken has cooked through. About 5 minutes.
- Once chicken has cooked through, add the tomatoes, basil, spinach & garlic, cook for about 3-5 minutes until the spinach wilts just a little & the tomatoes release their juices. Remove from heat & cover with a lid. Keep off heat.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions, once cooked drain then add the spaghetti to the skillet with the chicken & vegetables. Reheat on a low heat, mix everything in well & salt & pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- At this point, when the pasta & veg are off heat, add the 3 tbsp of high quality olive oil, which is really tasty. Or you can add more olive oil from the sundried tomatoes.
This really was a tasty dish, so quick & easy to make & seriously substantial!