One Pan Pesto Chicken & Veggies is another new family favourite of ours, & the best bit about it for me was there was not a lot of washing up after as it's all cooked in one pan- Bonus!
This recipe is packed with so much goodness & tastes like heaven on a plate, I love Mediterranean style recipes & this one is not only healthy but also gluten free. It's a perfect meal for the hot days/evenings that are slowly coming- hurrah! It's light, packed with veggies, full of bright colours & seriously so delicious.
I mean look at all the colourful veggies that go into this dinner.
It's super quick & easy to make aswell, just like all my other recipes- don't get me wrong I love to cook, but who has the time to slave away in the kitchen when you have children & babies? Not me, thats for sure!
With just 5 minutes prep time & about 30 minutes cooking time, you can't go wrong with that, can you?
Ingredients- Serves 4
- 4x Chicken Fillets, cut into slices
- 1/3 Cup Sundried Tomatoes, diced
- 2x Packets Asparagus Tips, trimmed if needed
- 2x Tbsp Basil Pesto
- 1x Packet of Cherry Tomatoes, red/yellow & orange, halved
- 1x Red Onion, diced
- 2x Tbsp Olive Oil
- Sea Salt & Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to about 100 degrees (this is purely just to keep some of the food warm whilst cooking the rest of the dish.)
- Heat a large frying pan/skillet to a medium-high heat, add the oil & let the oil get hot, add the chicken strips & season well with salt & pepper, add half of the chopped sun-dried tomatoes- cook all of this for about 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Once cooked, remove the chicken & sundried tomatoes to a separate plate. Leaving the oil in the pan.
- Add the asparagus to the pan & season well with salt then add the onion, cook on a medium heat until the asparagus is cooked. Remove the asparagus & onion to a plate & place in the oven to keep warm.
- Add the chicken back to the pan, add the pesto & coat well, cook on a low-medium heat until the chicken has re-heated, then add the cherry tomatoes, stir well & let the juices of the tomatoes cook through (about 3-4 minutes.)
- Remove the asparagus & onion from the oven & serve all together.
I served mine with a side of Mediterranean style rice just to bulk it out abit, but it would also be enough on its own if your wanting a lighter dinner.