Being a Mum to 3 children (4 if you include MR.B as he is a big kid himself haha!) Providing meals that are suited to everyone in the house can sometimes be a challenge.
I'm very fortunate that as a family we all enjoy eating fresh veggies, salads & fruits. But sometimes as children they do request a more simple tea, like nuggets & chips. And if I'm honest I do secretly like the kiddie meals aswell.
This is where recipes like these Garlic, Lemon & Parsely Chicken Goujons come in handy! We can still all eat healthier without the children even noticing the difference. Plus it tastes so much nicer than the processed stuff you buy in
Like all the recipes i post, it's quick & simple to make. With just 10 minutes preparation time & 25-30 minutes cooking time.
- 4x Chicken Breasts, cut into strips
- 6x Slices (use more if needed) Wholemeal Bread, processed to breadcrumbs
- 3x Medium Eggs
- 3x Tsp Garlic Granules
- 2x Tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4x Tsp Mustard Powder
- 1x Small Handful Fresh Parsely, finely chopped
- Sea Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees, line 2 large baking trays with greaseproof paper & spray with frylight.
- Break the bread into small pieces, whizz in a food processor until you have done breadcrumbs, turn into a large plate/bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs together with the garlic granules, lemon juice, mustard powder, parsley, salt & pepper.
- Dip each chicken piece into the egg mixture until coated, then lightly roll into the breadcrumbs to coat, then place them in a single layer on to the lined baking tray. Lightly spray with frylight.
- Place the trays of chicken into the middle of the oven & bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken has cooked through & golden brown.
I served mine with Slimming World Salt & Pepper Chunky Chips & a side of Baby Leaf Salad. (The little ones loved it with Spaghetti Hoops!)