This Creme Egg Rocky Road recipe is really easy to make but super impressive looking, right on seasonal baking trend, it can be made in advance & no need for anything fancy schmancy.
Creme eggs are my absolute favourite! This is probably why I fall off the healthy band wagon every Easter as I simply can not control myself. It's quite embarrassing really!
This is a no bake recipe so its perfect to get your little ones (if you have any) to join in & help. My 2 eldest smalls love baking & cooking 'helping' Mummy.
Ingredients- Makes 12 Slices
- 150g Unsalted Butter
- 250g Dark Chocolate, broken in pieces
- 150g Milk Chocolate, broken in pieces
- 150g White Chocolate, broken in pieces
- 4x Tbsps Golden Syrup
- 180g Mini Creme Eggs, unwrapped
- 180g Mini Marshmallows
- 150g Digestive Biscuits, crushed into chunks
- 8x Full Sized Creme Eggs, unwrapped & halved
- Yellow Gel Food Colouring
- Melt the butter in a large pan over a low heat.
- When it's about half melted, add the dark chocolate, milk chocolate & golden syrup, still on a low heat continue to melt it all. Stir until it's thick & well combined.
- Remove from the heat & set aside for 10 minutes until it's cooled slightly.
- Once cooled slightly, add the mini creme eggs, marshmallows & digestive biscuits, stir until everything is well coated.
- Line a baking tin with baking paper & press the mixture firmly in.
- Meanwhile melt the white chocolate in a bowl over steaming water keep the it on a low heat.
- Take half of the melted chocolate & pour into a separate small bowl, using the gel food colouring add a tiny small amount at a time to the chocolate until it turns a deep yellow.
- Drizzle the white chocolate & coloured white chocolate over the rocky road, press your halved creme eggs firmly into the chocolate.
- Allow to set in the fridge for at least a couple of hours.
- Once set, turn out of the tin & cut into pieced chunks.