If your looking for a meal that satisfys your comfort food cravings than this is the recipe for you! It's a cheap & simple creamy pasta dish with chunks of ham & crunchy veg.
What with it being the first day back at school for the children & having a week off from cooking whilst we were on holiday, I wanted to get a healthy meal into all of us (there wasn't much of that happening on holiday! Sshh!) But I was also in a 'I can't be bothered' kinda mood. So this was the perfect meal to turn to as it's super quick & easy to make & a meal that is loved by all.
With just 10 minutes prep time & 20 minutes cooking time, you really can't go wrong.
Ingredients- Serves 4
- 300g Fusilli Pasta
- 1x Head of Broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1x Red Onion, finely chopped
- 3x Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 250g Ham, cut into chunks
- 300ml Pot Double Cream
- 1x Tbsp English Mustard
- 140g Mature Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1x Tbsp Olive Oil
- Bring a pan of water to the boil & cook the pasta following packet instructions, adding the broccoli florets to the pan for the final 5 minutes. Drain & set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet on a medium-high heat & cook the onions until soften (about 5 mins) then stir in the garlic & cook for a further minute.
- Stir in the ham, cream & mustard, then bring to the boil.
- Add the pasta & broccoli to the skillet along with the cheese, coating everything with the sauce.
- Then serve straight out of the pan.
See, how simple is that? Definitely a meal that I'll be going back to again & again as it was utterly delicious.