I absolutely HATE wasting food. It's probably one of my biggest pet peeves, especially when certain people chuck perfectly good food in the bin! *ahem* MR.B!
I had a lot of ingredients let over from last nights dinner Tomato Spinach Chicken Spaghetti. So I decided to make myself a gourmet style breakfast.
It was delicious! The perfect breakfast to fuel your body & start off your day.
Super quick & easy to make aswell, with just 3 minutes prep time & about 15 minutes cooking time. You can get a decent, healthy breakfast in you without spending too much time in the kitchen, because let's face it, who has time in the mornings? Certainly not me.
Ingredients- Serves 4
- 2x Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2x Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 10oz Fresh Spinach
- 4x Roma Tomatoes, diced quarterly
- 1/2x Red Onion, minced
- 4x Eggs
- Sea Salt & Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Paprika, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet & sauté the garlic for about a minute before adding the spinach. Toss the spinach round for about a minute then add the tomatoes. Toss together then add the onion. Let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Place the cooked ingredients into an ovenproof dish, create wells for the eggs. Crack one egg into each hole.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Or until the eggs have turned white.
- Once cooked, sprinkle with salt & pepper then garnish with paprika.