You are 6 years old & a pretty smart girl. Your growing up & gaining wisdom. Here are some things that I want you to always remember.
1. You are loved. Sooo loved! By everyone in your family & so many others.
2. You have lots of friends, you seem to be very popular in your class- some of these friends will be with you for a lifetime & many will come & go. This is life. Always be the best friend you can be & if it doesn't work out, don't make it about you. Your a really good person.
3. Love yourself. No-one is perfect & we always have something we could be better at; sometimes we make mistakes- learn from them & move on.
4. Love your body. You are beautiful. You don't have to be skinny & tall to be beautiful. Beauty comes in all shapes & sizes. When you become older please don't let social media let you think otherwise. It's not all real.
5. Do the best you can at school & believe in yourself, I know you lack in confidence sweetheart, but you have no reason to. I believe in you, Daddy believes in you & so does everyone else that loves & cares for you. Your going to be great at whatever you choose to do. I just know.
6. Don't stress about the 'cool kids.' The less you care about them, the more they will care about you. Don't ever do anything just because someone else does it. Trust your gut- because it's a pretty smart gut & will keep you out of harms way. Don't worry if those 'cool kids' don't think your cool- it's not because of you, it's because they don't believe in themselves. Trust me- you are very cool.
7. Don't be defeated by 'No' you will hear it many times in your life before You hear 'Yes.' Don't let it knock your confidence. You will get there my darling.
8. Don't just be nice to your brothers, be their best friend, their biggest supporter & most constructive critic. Be the same to yourself. You will be grateful they are your brothers in time & you will all need each other. (You all need each other now!)
9. There will be times when you think you hate me, when you are angry with me & there will be times I am angry with you. That's okay. Be angry, but be honest with yourself & know when I am angry with you- I still love you. The love I have for you can never be broken or taken away from you. It is a constant you can always count on.
10. Please know that I am not perfect, no one is & I will make mistakes too. I promise to always do my best to recognise those mistakes & work on myself. You are my teacher & I am yours.
I love you with all my heart. You, Jamie & Isaac are my greatest gifts.