Slow Cooker Beef & Sweet Potato Stew! There is nothing better than when it comes to the end of the day & dinner is already prepared ready to just dish out, filling your home with rustic comfort food aromas.
With this recipe, you just throw it all in & wait for it to cook & thicken into a glorious stew, while the sweet potatoes begin to melt through the sauce, creating a flavour explosion so rich, you'll be happy to have leftovers!
This meal takes about 10 minutes prep time & either 8-10 hours on a low heat or 4-6 hours on a high heat.
So this is super easy to just throw together in the morning, leaving you to get on with your day & not have to worry about fussing about in the kitchen when it comes to dinner time.
Ingredients- Serves 4
- 1 1/2kg Beef Stew Meat, diced into cubes
- 1/3 Cup Flour
- 1x Onion, chopped
- 4x Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1x Large Sweet Potato, peeled & diced in chunks.
- 2x Large Carrots, peeled & sliced
- 1x Red Pepper, de-seeded & diced
- 400g Can Beef Broth
- 400g Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 1x Beef Stock Cube, crushed
- 1x Tsp Mild Paprika
- 2x Bay Leaves
- Salt & Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Fresh Parsely, to garnish
- Place the beef & flour into your slow cooker bowl. Stir to coat the meat & then add in the rest of the ingredients (expect for the bay leaves & parsley.) Stir all the ingredients together & place the bay leaves on top.
- Cover & cook on a low setting for 8-10hrs or on a high setting for 4-6hrs.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve over white rice or mashed potatoes.