This Slow-Cooked Chicken Korma is a perfect dish when you want a mild, fragrant curry that even the younger members of your family can enjoy, even my 7 month old couldn't get enough of his meal.
Enriched with coconut milk & aromatic spices, this super creamy curry is a delicious comfort food that hits the spot.
This is a really quick & easy recipe to follow & the Slow-Cooker literally does all the work, leaving you with time to do other things with your afternoon, instead of slaving over a hot stove.
This meal takes 10 minutes prep time & either 3hrs cooking time on a high heat or 6hrs cooking time on a low heat.
Ingredients- Serves 4
- 4x Chicken Fillets, cut into bite size chunks
- 1x Onion, diced
- 2x Garlic Cloves, minced
- 3x Tsp Ground Cumin
- 2x Tsp Ground Coriander
- 1x Cinnamon Stick
- 1/2x Tsp Chilli Powder
- 50g Ground Almonds
- 250ml Coconut Milk
- 120ml Boiling Chicken Stock
- 1/2x Tbsp Tomato Purée
- 75ml Single Cream
- 2x Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1x Tbsp Garam Masala
- Rice to serve
- If necessary grease the slow cooker pot with butter. Switch your cooker to high.
- In a bowl mix together the cumin, coriander, ground almonds, chilli powder, coconut milk, chicken stock & tomato purée, stir well.
- In the pot place the onion, garlic & chicken.
- Pour your mixture over the chicken & add the cinnamon stick.
- Cover with the lid & cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6 hours. When the chicken is cooked & tender stir in the cream, garam masala & lemon juice & then cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Check the chicken is cooked through, add salt & pepper to taste if you want to, remove the cinnamon stick.
- Serve immediately with rice, poppadums or naan bread.