This Beef & Bean Hotpot Bake is a family favourite of ours. It's super tasty & easy to make. Beef & Baked Beans are a great combination & with the addition of a sliced potato topping this meal is comfort food at its best. Definitely a winner in our house.
This meal takes about 20 minutes to prep & 3 hours cooking time. Which is perfect for me as I can put this dish in the oven at 2.00pm & will be ready by dinner freeing up the afternoon when the children get in from school.
Ingredients- Serves 4
- 750g Lean Stewing Beef, all visible fat removed, cube
- 2x Large Onions, roughly diced
- 2x Carrots, peeled & roughly chopped
- Mushrooms, sliced
- 1x Level Tbsp Plain Flour
- Salt & Ground Pepper, to taste
- 300ml Beef stock
- 2x Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 400g Tin Baked Beans
- 600g Potatoes, peeled & sliced
- Pre-Heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the beef, onions, carrots, mushrooms & flour in a baking dish, season & toss to mix.
- Pour in the boiling hot beef stock then add the Worcestershire sauce & baked beans, stir to mix well then place the sliced potatoes on top of the mixture.
- Cover with foil then place in the oven for 3 hours or until the potoatoes are cooked & tender.
- Remove the foil, then turn the oven up to brown the potatoes.
I teamed my hotpot with a side of broccoli just to add more veg in my dinner.