Sunday, 26 March 2017

An Open Letter To All Mum's On Mother's Day

 

Happy Mother's Day Mum's! Today is your special day, to be thanked for all you do & to give thanks for all your Mum did before you. Only when you become a mum yourself can you finally understand your own mum. Talk about eye-opening right? 

I love that we set aside a whole day to honour & celebrate the women who raised us. To all the Mum's & Step-Mum's, Grandmother's & Godmothers, to those who hope to become Mother's & to those who have lost children or their own mother's. 

As a mum myself, I have so much respect for the work that all women & mum's do each day. It's nice for us to have a day, but I celebrate you everyday! 

I wish each & everyone of you a very Happy Mother's Day!

I will be celebrating not just Mother's with children, but to the women who have lost babies/children, I hope you are all recognised as a mother, and I know in my heart you are an amazing one. 

I will be celebrating the women who have taken in the children of others to act as a positive female role model/ mother figure. I honour your role in the life of a child who needed you & thankyou for giving so graciously of yourself. 

To the children whose Mum's have passed, I open my arms out to you & will grieve with you instead of celebrating. 

To the women who are unable to have children & who cry over their imagined lives, I open my arms & heart to you & cry with you. 

Whilst I'm writing this post about Mother's Day I would like to take this opportunity to say a special Thankyou to my Mum. 

Because today is Mother's Day & you are my Mum & although I am a Mum myself now, I was your daughter first. 

And what a pain in the arse I was (still am) Good God i have a lot to apologise for! I also want to Thankyou for making me play by your rules. I didn't always love it & I know I didn't always make it easy. Thankyou for all the sacrifices you & dad made whilst I was growing up.

But most of all, I am thankful that you're here to help me navigate my own journey as a Mum. 

So on this Mother's Day, Thankyou for everything, everything you have done. Everything you have put up with. Everything you've taught me. Everything I am. Thankyou for always being there for me- for me & now for your grandchildren. They are so lucky to have a special nanny like you, and I am lucky to have you as my mum.

Love you Mum Xx

Happy Mother's Day!