This meal is one of my new favourite go to evening dinners, because it tastes absolutely amazing, totally syn free and seriously substantial!
Using both your Healthy Extra B and Healthy Extra A choices, this is a meal that’ll keep you going and satisfy the whole family! It’s also one that they’ll never even realise is healthy which is a big bonus for many people out there.
I really can’t recommend this recipe enough if you’re looking for a warm, healthy and syn free dinner! You can’t beat melted cheese for chasing away these cold February days!
It takes about 20 minutes preparation time and 25-30 minutes in the oven so it is a really quick and easy healthy meal to cook especially if your like me and have a busy brood to run around after.
Ingredients - Feeds 4 people
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees. Prepare a baking
tray, either sprayed with fry light or with a sheet of
2. Beat your chicken breasts until they are wide and
flat ( about 1cm thick).
3. Layer one side of each with 2 slices of ham and 50g
of mozzarella. Then wrap the chicken around the
fillings so that they are totally encased. Place seam
4. Toast your bread and allow to cool, blend in a food
processor until you have breadcrumbs.
5. Mix in the mixed herbs and season with salt &
pepper. Pour breadcrumbs into a bowl.
6. Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl.
7. Dip a chicken breast into the egg mixture then into
your breadcrumbs making sure you completely
cover the chicken. Repeat with all the chicken
breasts and place them on the baking tray.
8. Cook for 25-30 minutes, until cooked through and
the breadcrumbs are golden brown.