This is the ultimate in one pot pizza bakes & gives you all the carb loaded satisfaction of pizza without the guilt!
One pot serves 8 slices so enough for 4 people, loaded with cheese & toppings of your choice. I went for ham, mushrooms & extra cherry tomatoes with abit of extra basil sprinkled on top.
I served my slice of Penne Pizza Slice with a side of salad, making it a really healthy meal even if it doesn't look like it!
This meal takes about 5 minutes prep time & 30 minutes cooking time.
Ingredients- serves 4 people
- 500g Penne Pasta
- 1x Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 1x Onion, diced
- 2x Cloves Garlic, crushed
- 10-15 Cherry Tomatoes, halved plus extra for topping
- 3/4 Pint Chicken Stock
- Extra Boiling Water (to add gradually)
- Handful Fresh Basil, plus extra for topping
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 2Tbsp Mixed Herbs
- 240g Grated Mozzarella
- Ham, roughly chopped
- Sliced Mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Fry the onions & garlic in frylight until soft.
- Add the cherry tomatoes & then the stock, bring to the boil, pour in the penne pasta, mix well.
- Add the chopped tomatoes & mix throughly. Cover & reduce the heat. Stir & simmer until the stock is running out & then add more boiling water gradually.
- Stir in the basil, salt & pepper & mixed herbs.
- Continue to stir, simmer & add more water until the pasta is cooked through & then take it off heat. You don't want it to be sloppy.
- Smooth the pasta until you have an even top & sprinkle the mozzarella evenly to cover.
- Add your toppings & spray with more frylight. Add the basil to garnish.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted & the toppings are cooked.
- Prepare into slices & enjoy with a side of your choice.
This meal is super easy to make & one for all the family to enjoy. You really can't go wrong!