I LOVE Greek Food I could eat it everyday no problem! I love that not only is it healthy but it tastes so fresh & flavourful. I was in heaven eating these, I was savouring each & every last bite & I can't wait to make them again.
This is a quick & easy recipe with 10 minutes prep time, 2hrs to marinade & about 15 mins cooking time.
Ingredients- Serves 4
- 3x Boneless Chicken Breasts, Diced
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 Fresh Lemon, Juiced
- 3x Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2x Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2x Tsp Dried Basil
- 1/2x Tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/2x Tsp Ground Coriander
- Salt & Ground Pepper to taste
- 2x Large Red Bell Peppers, Cut into pieces
- 2x Large Green Bell Peppers, Cut into pieces
- 1x Large Red Onion, Cut into wedges
- Wholemeal Pitta Bread
- Wooden/Metal Skewers
- In a bowl whisk together 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, basil, thyme, coriander, season with salt & pepper.
- Dice your chicken & place into a big resealable bag, pour the olive oil mixture over the chicken, press the chicken into marinade. Seal bag & refrigerate for 2hrs.
- If using wooden skewers soak them in water 30 minutes beforehand.
- Drizzle & toss the veggies with 2x Tbsp of olive oil
- Preheat a grill over a medium-high heat. Thread your chicken & veggies, brush grill lightly with olive oil, place skewers on grill & grill for about 7 minutes each side.
I served mine with Tzatziki Sauce & Wholemeal Pitta but you can serve them with what ever you like.