With Pancake Day just around the corner I thought I would try something abit different. These chocolate chip pancakes make a perfect light breakfast or dessert & have extra protein from the Greek Yoghurt. Honestly these are so good, I couldn't believe how great these turned out!
And because I'm abit of a chocolate addict I added in some mini chocolate chips, for an even healthier version you can leave them out and opt for plain or add some fruit, strawberries & blueberries would work well with these pancakes.
The recipe makes about 14 pancakes (for 4 people) but you can just half the ingredients to make enough for two people.
This recipe takes about 10 minutes prep time & 20 minutes cooking time.
- 250g White Wholewheat Flour
- 2x Tsps Baking Powder
- 1/2x Tsps Bicarbonate Soda
- 1/2x Tsps Salt
- 300g Vanilla Greek Yoghurt
- 1/2 Pint Milk
- 2x Large Eggs
- 2x Tbsps Oil
- 3x Tbsps Honey
- 1x Tsps Vanilla Extact
- 90g Mini Chocolate Chips
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate soda & salt.
- In a separate bowl mix together the greek yoghurt, milk, eggs, oil, honey & vanilla extact.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients & mix until just combined, gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat & spray well with non-stick cooking spray.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop the batter & pour into the frying pan. Once the top starts to bubble & the edges look set, flip & cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with extra chocolate chips, fresh fruit or pure maple syrup.