After 3 babies and quite a few years of sleep deprivation I have done a few things since becoming a mummy that I'm not proud of, and I feel it is time to come clean. Please don't judge me, I'm not a bad person really.
- I have used my children to get out of things I have been invited to.
- I sometimes watch my partner sleeping peacefully while I have been up all night with the baby and debate whether punching him in the face is a good idea.
- Some days I have cried more than the baby.
- I have bribed my children with biscuits, sweets, chocolate, in return for their good behaviour. Mummy 0 - Children 1.
- Some days I don't get dressed until it is almost dinner time, and on those days I mean have a quick shower and put on new pjs.
- When a mummy friend tells me her baby is sleeping through the night, I mentally punch her in the face.
- Running out of coffee reduces me to tears.
- I have often told the children that mummy has a headache because I dont want to hear the recorder being played for the umpteenth time.
- I have skipped pages in a bedtime story just so that the children could go to bed abit earlier.
- Have picked sleep over nookie, Terrible, Terrible wife I hear you say, it's not that I don't love my partner, but parenting is exhausting work at times!
- Running out of wine reduces me to tears.
- I have taken the batteries out of a noisy toy and have claimed it was broken.
- I would love some Me Time, I have forgotten the meaning of this term. At the end of the day my needs are simple, having a shower, going to the toilet or finishing that hot coffee *ahem* Wine *ahem* in peace.
- Everyone tells you to enjoy the time you have with your kids while they are still young, but sometimes I am just so tired and worn out, enjoying them just feels like more work!
- Most days I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing, everyone thinks I have it all together, good wife, good mother, but I really don't. I'm ready to stop pretending to be perfect now.
I may moan about my children, they drive me mad most days, they keep me up all night, but I bloody love my children, I love being a stay at home mum and I wouldn't change that for the world.